20230203120012677.jpg

Dundee Community Center

Founded in 1913 by a small group of women in the community, the Dundee Woman’s Club (DWC) was established to provide a social, cultural, and civic outlet for residents. From the beginning, the club has been a center- point in Dundee for fund-raising projects for fireman's needs, Boy and Girl Scouts of America, support for the WWI, WWII, Vietnam, and current war's service personnel and veterans, as well as other benevolent organizations.

The community center was built by funds raised by the DWC and continues to be owned by them. It was dedicated in 1915 at a cost of $3500. Over the years, many community gatherings have taken place there including dinners, sports events, dances, plays, carnivals, lectures, and civic meetings as well as private functions such as weddings, anniversaries, and reunions. Events continue to take place there, even though the building is in great need of repair. The Yamhill County Historical Society recognizes the building for its contribution to the community and for its uniqueness. The building is also on the National Historic Register.

Regular DWC meetings are held September through May, at 6:30 p.m., on the second Thursday of the month. Membership is open to all in the community. Annual dues are $20.00. Each month a different program is presented including artistic projects, health matters and the history of our area.

Many Dundee residents have recently expressed an interest in learning more about the heritage and history of the area. Thus, a Heritage and History Committee was formed in 2010 for those who wish to obtain more depth in this area. Please call for more information or to join this new committee. No additional dues are charged for this new committee of the DWC.

The building continues to be available for rental for various private functions. For rental information, call Amber Dawson at 503-550-0862.

 

Club Motto: Unity and Service
Club Colors: Blue and Gold


 

Community Center Restoration Project

In 2008, the Dundee Woman’s Club embarked on a major restoration of the community building. Kraft Custom Construction and Anderson/Shirley architects of Salem, who are experienced in building restoration, are guiding the overall work to be done. It is estimated that the project will cost $800,000 and take place over the next 7 years. Financing will occur through individual contributions, ongoing DWC fund-raising events, contributions by businesses and community groups as well as grants. In 2011, the planning phase was completed with the $60,000 raised. The actual restoration will begin later in 2011 with the restoration to be completed by 2015, the building's 100th anniversary of serving the community. 

Donations are tax-deductible. The DWC is a 501c3 non-profit tax exempt organization. A number of area residents, DWC members, and descendants of DWC members have chosen to send in contributions for an inscribed paving stone in our Founding Families Courtyard for a minimum of $50.00. A number of other naming and memorial contribution opportunities are also available. Call 503-550-0862 for more information or go to www.dundeecommunitycenter.org. Contributions can be sent directly to: Dundee Woman's Club, 1026 N. Highway 99W, Dundee, Oregon 97115.